Below is an extensive list of peanuts health benefits.
1. Rich in Energy: Peanuts contain vitamins, minerals, nutrients and anti-oxidants and thus are rich energy sources.
2. High in mono-unsaturated fatty acids as well as polu unsaturated fatty acids: It lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the body. Peanuts contain
mono-unsaturated fatty acids especially oleic acid that prevents coronary diseases.
3. Growth: Peanuts are rich in proteins. The amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body. It is considered an inexpensive and
easily accessible source of protein in many countries.
4. Fights Stomach Cancer: Poly-phenolic anti-oxidants are present in the peanuts in high concentrations. P-Coumaric acid has the ability to reduce the risk of stomach
cancer by reducing the productions of carcinogenic nitrous-amine.
5. Fights against Heart Diseases, Nerves Diseases, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Infections: A poly-phenolic anti-oxidant, Resveratrol present in peanuts prevents heart
diseases, cancers, nervous diseases and viral or fungal infections efficiently.
6. Reduces the Chances of Stroke: The anti-oxidant, Resveratrol in peanuts prevents heart strokes by increasing the production of nitric oxide
7. Anti-oxidants: Peanuts contain anti-oxidants in high concentrations. These anti-oxidants become more active when peanuts are boiled. There is a 2-fold increase in
Biochanin-A and 4-fold increase in Genistein content. These reduce the damage done by free radicals produced in the body.
8. Protects Skin: Vitamin E in peanuts helps in maintaining the integrity of cells of mucous membrane and the skin. This protects them from free radicals which cause
9. Vitamins: Peanuts contain B complex, vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, pantothenic acid etc .
10. Minerals: Potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, selenium and zinc are some of the minerals present in peanuts. These play an important
role in many different body functions.